Sunday, April 25, 2010

Please Pray for Little Tarren (By Tara)

Yesterday when I went to pick up a prescription, I asked the pharmacist about the anti-malaria pills that the travel doctor had prescribed for our trip (before I knew that I was pregnant). She said that now that I'm pregnant, I shouldn't take the anti-malaria pills that I had been prescribed.

Knowing that we are going to be in Asia during monsoon season when there will be lots of mosquitoes is a bit nerve wracking. I just learned on wikipedia that:

- Each year, there are approximately 350–500 million cases of malaria, killing between one and three million people, the majority of whom are young children.

- PREGNANT WOMEN & young children are especially susceptible.

Please pray that God protects me from getting mosquito bites while I am overseas.

We decided to go ahead and announce that we are expecting now so that people can be praying about this throughout the time that we are away.

No comments: