Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thoughtful Gifts (By Tara)

I have 2 friends named Karen in Calgary and both of them are very generous. Today both of them gave me some super thoughtful pregnancy gifts!

Gift # 1 -This morning we received an email from her with an attached illustration of Baby Lung at 7 weeks. Darren posted it below.  Soo cute! I fully intend to print it, frame it and hang it on the wall in Baby Lung's new room.

Gift # 2 - I received a text this afternoon from Karen saying she had a gift to drop off. I was like, "Wow, two gifts in one day, Karen's generosity never ceases to amaze me!" I let her know that we were going out for dinner so she responded that she would hide the gift somewhere in our yard. We came home to find two moleskin-type journals that she had picked up in Hong Kong and PREGGIE POPS!!!!
 
I was soooo excited. On Wednesday morning when I was at home dry heaving, I read about Preggie Pops online. I REALLY wanted some and was seriously considering ordering them. But the morning sickness past and I decided to try to taste them first before ordering a huge supply online.

Maybe I will kick myself for saying this but I can't wait till I'm feeling just a bit of morning sickness again so I can give these Preggie Pops a taste.

Gift # 3 - My other friend Karen called this evening to say that she had picked up some books for me: the classic "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and a few others. I was touched at her thoughtfulness and so excited to get my hands on those books and start reading!

Thank you to both Karen's for the amazing surprise gifts!

No comments: