Saturday, April 24, 2010

Celebrating Little Tarren at FARM (By Tara)

Tonight we celebrated the news about Little Tarren at a great restaurant called FARM. I would have to say that it was one of the best dinners we've ever had in Calgary! They use fine, local ingredients, have a great atmosphere and reasonable prices.

We started out with a cheese and charcuterie platter, the chef's selection of 2 cheeses that were safe for a pregnant woman. For our main courses, Darren had duck confit and I had hogget (teenage lamb) stew. Both were well seasoned and very well presented.

It was a lovely evening and a great way to finish off a busy day of learning about prenatal health.

PS: If you live in Calgary, I really recommend checking out FARM. We will definitely be hitting up that place again.

Yesterday I was reading about cheeses to avoid and meant to print it to bring with us but I forgot. Thankfully, our waiter's girlfriend was pregnant so he understood to ask the chef to choose two cheeses that would be safe for a preggo lady. My favourite was the one at the top, it was creamy & delicious. It was paired with dried cherries. Mmmm!















We had to wait a while before we could get in (Darren: "We had RESERVATIONS!!!"). Here is Darren waiting not so patiently.

And here I am waiting oh so patiently for a fabulous celebration dinner :)

No comments: