Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Leaving for South Asia (By Tara)

We have been trying to leave for South Asia since Sunday evening but the volcanic ash blowing over the UK forced our flight to be canceled. We were "re-booked" on a flight yesterday that went through Frankfurt and I was quite excited about it because it meant only 1 overnight on the plane instead of the 2 overnights that were planned.

However, we weren't able to get on that plane yesterday and today we're back to our original flight pattern that has 2 overnight flights in a row in order to get to South Asia. I'm praying that I'll sleep well on the plane and that I won't get too sick or tried while we're traveling. We brought a lot of snacks since I'm starting to realize that eating every few hours is pretty key to staying well.

Sadly, I won't have much internet access in South Asia but I'll try to update when I can.

No comments: