Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pregnancy Sickness (By Tara)

I'm not sure why they call that awful feeling during pregnancy "morning sickness" because it comes and go throughout the day. My experience over the past week since it came about it has not revolved around mornings. That weird feeling in my stomach lasts pretty much all the time. I don't really feel like eating although I get really hungry every two hours. I think a more appropriate name for this phenomenon would be "pregnancy sickness."

Today Darren & I were volunteering in the nursery at church and we got to talk to a few moms who were hanging out in there. They were explaining that their "pregnancy sickness" progressively got worse until sometime in the 2nd or 3rd trimester,  at which point it began to subside. NOT encouraging news!!! I was secretly hoping that the opposite would happen.

This weekend I did learn some helpful advice for pregnant women from women with experience:

# 1 - Pregnancy clothes are really expensive and you don't need to buy very many since many girls clothes these days are quite loose. (Another reason I won't have to buy many pregnancy clothes is that my friend Karissa lent me some jeans and a"bella band." Thanks Karissa!)

# 2 - ERGO is the best & most versatile baby carrier from what I've hear. Several women at church agree! Sandi says she can carry 9 month Levi around all day in her Ergo and not feel sore.

# 3 - A swaddling blanket works wonders to help a newborn sleep well. I read this on Facebook (I believe it was Jen who wrote this) and then Karissa mentioned this too.

I write these down because someone also warned me about "preggo brain", this terrible phenomenon that apparently never goes away, even after you have your baby.

I'm pretty blessed to have so many women who are currently pregnant or have been pregnant in the recent past to be around me. Just found out about another one today...welcome to the club, Sarah!

No comments: