Saturday, May 8, 2010

Throwing Up Before Dinner (By Tara)

This evening Darren & I went to dinner with some new friends from church. I was standing in the kitchen chatting with one of the girls when I started to feel a bit ill. You know that feeling when you're about to pass out?

I started to feel sweaty and my vision was starting to blur. I decided it would not be a good idea to pass out in this girls kitchen so I quickly grabbed a glass of water and sat down at the table. Unfortunately, drinking the water only made me feel worse...

I went to grab my purse from the other room to try a Preggie Pop. This was also NOT a good idea as I started to feel even worse! I quickly asked to use the washroom and as soon as I locked the door, I took the candy out of my mouth and leaned over the toilet.

You can imagine what happened next....I threw up!

The amazing thing was that I felt much better with an emptied stomach. A few minutes later I was back in the kitchen laughing & joking then they served the pizza and I ate a rather large slice and then went back for seconds and even thirds. I also ate some salad and a very small piece of brownie with ice cream.

It was a strange but important lesson, throwing up can make a pregnant lady feel much better. Although I really hope this will not become a regular occurrence!

No comments: