Monday, June 28, 2010

Jet Lag & Pregnancy Don't Mix

The only thing worse than jet lag is jet lag during pregnancy! Darren & I arrived home from South Asia on Friday evening (it was quite the adventure, details to follow!) and since then I have been trying to adjust to the 12.5 hour time difference between here and there. Jet lag is never fun but I have never experienced anything like jet lag during pregnancy...

The first trimester icky feeling returns with a vengeance! Yes, I remember that weird feelings of being hungry but having no appetite, being able to eat only tiny bites of food at a time, willing each of them to stay down as you chew and swallow.

Saturday evening I threw up all of my dinner into the kitchen sink as I tried to swallow my prenatal vitamins. I felt so discouraged to watch all the food I had worked so hard to stomach come up into the kitchen sink. (Bless my gracious husband for cleaning that up!!!).

However, the worst part of having jet lag while pregnant is the inability to fall asleep easily, which likely contributes to this queasy feeling. Every day since arriving at home, I have woken up at 3 or 4am to go to the bathroom and have been unable to fall back to sleep.

I'll be praying again tonight that I'll be able to fall asleep after getting up to go to the bathroom. AND I'll be trying not to take any naps at all today. We'll see how that goes...

No comments: