Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dealing with Sleep Deprivation

Lying awake in bed at 5am, I read a Newsweek article sleep deprivation. It said that adults need between 7-9 hours of sleep every night to feel fully rested and function at their best. Agreed! However, over the past few days I have been beginning to grapple with the idea that 7-9 hours is a nice but elusive goal for a preggo chick who wakes up hungry & having to pee every night and an impossible dream for a mom of young children.

I  recently read a blog written by a young mom who felt like they was going crazy as a result of sleep deprivation. 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep probably sounds like heaven to a young mom but I am already starting to feel like a bit of a zombie. I feel tired almost all day long and as a result, I am an emotional wreck with crying fits and moodiness. I hate feeling this way. JET LAG GO AWAY!!!

I know this is practice for when the baby comes but I didn't want to practice just yet...I have a whole 6 months to go. I have no idea how people do this for years! I'm going to start asking around. Mom's, please advise!

No comments: