Friday, February 4, 2011

Just The Three of Us

Yesterday morning marked the end of three weeks of parental visits. It was an amazing blessing to have all four of our parents come to visit!

Our parents are all really hard workers so we were spoiled with lots of help...



My mom did tons of cleaning and baking including 12 loaves of bread, granola, cookies, carrot cake, brownies, etc...










My dad chauffeured Darren to and from campus and fixed stuff including the broken kitchen light fixture, tightening cupboard doors & chairs and the belt on our broken vacuum cleaner.





Darren's parents worked together to get and keep our fridge and freezer stocked with Chinese food. They took DAILY shopping trips to either Chinatown, T&T or Superstore.







His mom wrapped so many dumplings and spring rolls and did many loads of laundry.





His dad cooked a lot of Chinese food for us to freeze! He also made delicious meals with meats that we are too nervous to attempt to cook: lamb one night and duck another! Yum!





But better than all the help around the house, it was wonderful for Seb to spend time with both sets of grandparents!



- They bonded with him in the mornings while allowing me to get a few more hours sleep. So nice!

- Most of all, I enjoyed watching them love on him in their own unique ways. My favourite was overhearing them talk to him when I was out of sight but not far away, so cute!

Now that the parentals are gone and its just the three of us again, its a lot quieter in our little apartment and I'm back to figuring out how to be a mom and on mat leave. It's such a huge change of pace that I am enjoying and finding challenging at the same time. I'll write more about that next time.

No comments: