Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Belly Touching

Since LT's recent growth spurt, I've experienced a lot more belly touching! In fact, since returning to work on campus I've almost had at least one daily occurance of belly touching!

Yesterday, a student gave my belly a gentle poke and enthusiastically asked several questions about the baby's gender and name (which I revealed to her but asked her to keep it on the down low).

Today an international student friend touched my belly and told me that after having seen pictures on Facebook, she expected my belly to look much bigger than it looks in real life.
I thought I might be annoyed with people touching my belly but thus far my reaction has been to smile and say that the baby is doing well, growing and kicking lots. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that so far only people I know have touched my belly but I really haven't been bothered by it.

I'm still not sure how I will feel if a stranger touches my belly, though. We'll see if it happens to me within the next 3 months or so...

No comments: