Sunday, September 12, 2010

99 days to go! (by Darren)

I just looked at the counter on the right hand side and my heart skipped a beat.

99 days to go. 


99 days until ...
- we stop having full night sleeps
- until our family "officially" grows from 2 to 3 (although on questionnaires that ask for number of children, I honestly don't know what to put yet).
- until our lives change forever, irrevocably

Something I was reflecting on: "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God. How vast is the sum of them!" (Psalm 139:17).

LT consumes much of my thoughts on a daily basis already:

I often wonder what his personality will be like. Will he be happy? determined? stubborn? winsome?

I wonder if he'll have Tara's nose? My skin colour? Tara's eyes? My hair? Will he know how much he is loved by God and by us?

What will his favourite subjects in school be? math? science? gym? art? 



What will he end up doing with his life? Will he change the world? Will he be a risk taker? Will he love culture and people from all places? 

etc.

And to think that the number of God's toward us is infinitely more vast. I already feel such affinity to LT, and we've still to meet face to face! Hard to fathom how our Father's love for us is so much infinitely more vast and deep. But He does.
 
99 more days.

No comments: