Monday, August 2, 2010

New Friends

To add to what I wrote recently about the great things about being in the second trimester, one of the greatest things about being pregnant in general is the instant connection to pregnant women and mothers!

I really enjoyed opportunities to connect with the six pregnant co-workers I saw at our annual staff conference this year. Although I do not know these girls very well, I think that there was an instant bond that developed as soon as we found out we were all due at around the same time. I also really appreciated hanging out with my co-workers who are moms! It is a great thing to be pregnant in our organization right now!

I am beginning to realize that becoming a mom will thrust me into a brand new peer group. How exciting to have opportunities to meet so many new people simply because I'm going to be a mom.

No comments: